Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How to Find a Book at Half Price Books

The truth is, you don't.

I've been looking for The Omnivore's Dilemma for almost six months at my local Half- Price Books store and I haven't found it once. Yes, at one point in the six months I came across enough money to buy myself 45 new copies of the book in hardcover and a yacht, but I prefer used books solely for the sake of someone else's snotty fingers dog ear-ing all of the pages before me. Recently, I gave up leisure reads for highlighting textbooks. But, in light of my recent obsession with stalking The Amatuer Gourmet for updates every ten minutes, I went back to Half Price Books to find Adam's book which is properly named The Amatuer Gourmet ... I wonder where he came up with that??? Funny thing, I didn't find the book. I scanned every isle that it could be in (Those discount book stores are really sneaky. I found Eat, Pray, Love in the marriage section once) but to no avail. What I did find, though, was The Omnivore's Dilemma. They say that you find love when you least expect it. Tonight has proven that I can apply that rule to my entire life, and I will, which is why I have discontinued all attempts to located my bellybutton. I will find it when I least expect it.

Today, I also learned how to create a link. How elementary of me, but I've noticed that a successful blogger links EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment